The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Covenant Academy is based. These beliefs will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements will be considered primary doctrine in Covenant Academy. Other Christian doctrines (referred to as secondary doctrine), will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority (see Secondary Doctrine below).
- We believe the Bible alone to be the word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God is omnipotent; that is, He can do all things. He is omnipresent; that is, He is present to all creation and has under His immediate authority all things which are in Heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. He is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. We believe in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts people of sin, righteousness and judgment. He regenerates those who receive Christ as their Savior and indwells them permanently, sealing them unto the day of redemption. He also gives to them spiritual gifts and empowers those yielded to Him.
- We believe that God is the creator of all that exists. We believe that He created humanity in his image. We believe He created us male and female.
- We believe that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. We believe in the eternal assurance of salvation.
- We believe that our faith in Jesus Christ will result in sanctification, the ultimate setting apart of an individual unto God.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation and eternal separation from the presence of the Lord.
- We believe the union of man and woman in marriage is a reflection of Christ's relationship with the church, which is the Body and Bride of Christ. We believe that the Church, the Body and Bride of Christ, is made up of all born-again persons.
Policy Secondary doctrines are any doctrinal issues which are not addressed in the Covenant Academy Statement of Faith. Secondary doctrines are generally not salvific in nature, not related to salvation; therefore we are encouraged in scripture to maintain our disagreements in Christian charity and deference to one another. When secondary doctrinal issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority. Classroom discussion of secondary doctrine should be on an informative, non‑partisan level. Teachers will be careful not to speak to the students in a manner that would indicate a secondary doctrine is a primary doctrine. Presentation of all sides of a secondary doctrinal issue is encouraged. The teacher will encourage the students to follow up any questions they have with their parents and pastor.